Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Yoke of Precious Metal

From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver

Before yokes were devised, farmers of old used leather straps around animals' necks, but it hampered the animals' breathing. But when you work an animal by means of a yoke, the weight the animal has to pull does not harm it. The load becomes light. A yoke is not a contrivance to make work hard. It's a gentle device to make hard labor light. A yoke is not meant to give pain, but to save pain. 
....either you drag your workload under your own strength or put on the yoke of Christ.

In my experience, taking on the load by myself has always ended in disaster. I would become more and more exhausted. Once, however, I am willing to admit that I cannot do whatever it is (bear pain, get out of the bed), then I actually am able because I am not running on the weak strength of one, a puny human, two, a puny sick human. Thank the Lord He is so patient with me and my stupidity. I so often forget to ask for assistance. Maybe it really is not all that surprising, as I rarely want to ask for help in the world as it is.  That is something I am learning to do much more than I ever thought I would. I have to ask for help to pick things up that I never had to do before, etc, etc., which is interesting to learn to do.

You'll find a deep, sweet, peaceable rest even in the midst of your labors when you put on Christ's yoke. 

See? Someone else thinks so as well! But in all seriousness, when I focus my thoughts more directly on Him, I do not make the mistakes I make otherwise---though far far far from perfect---I get a lifting of great weight from my being with that focus. A lifting that I can no other way ever find or get. No relief from pain, nausea or disappointments. With Him, they are bearable, sometimes even pass by with less notice than ever before.

It's easy to announce God's goodness when your spirits are soaring; it's another thing----a more God-gloriying thing---to proclaim the goodness of God outloud when you're under the weather.

I also found that I do not tend to announce God's goodness as much when I am "well". We are so easily distracted in the world by things that we often forget God is there. We get caught up in college, jobs, kids, marriages/relationships, friendships....things that we see and touch. We just miss the still voice of God, the glory being called out from all around us.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day