From J.E. Tada's More Precious Than Silver
It was a dull Saturday, My Spirit were dropping, and it was al I could do to fight off depression. A corset [needed to assist in breathing] was riding high and digging into my ribs, forcing me to draw deep breaths, now and then. And when I did, I said, "The Lord is good."
It's not that I doubted God's goodness; I wanted to remind my dry, cracked soul of the truth. David, the psalmist, often grabbed his innermost being by the scruff of the neck (Ps 42.5-6)
It's easy to announce God's goodness when your spirits are soaring; its another thing----a more God-gloryfying thing---to proclaim the goodness of God outloud when you're under the weather. Voicing the goodness of God is a testimon not only to your downcast soul but to others listening in.
I have been miserable. I have not been able to sleep. I hurt enough to totally destroy any sleep schedule, to get a migraine from tossing and turning. To have eaten too much and feel ill from food and lack of sleep in hopes a full tummy would make me sleep. Instead...misery has added to misery.
Yet I spent hours last night praising God with the thoughts of my heart. I looked at the wise words of many different authors God has touched over time, read the everlasting, incredible and amazing Word...and while I would have rather slept more than the hour I am working on...I loved the time I spent seeing God in so many places.
Last night I was reading Romans...and I was struck with Rom 8.5-6.
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace.
Wow on verse 6. I jotted it down, and was adding my own thoughts---but I have found that it is quite true. If I feel bad, hurt, sick, whatever, and can read the Word, pray or otherwise be totally devoted to God at that moment, whatever else is wrong seems pale in comparison. It doesn't matter. All that matters is God is there, with me, at that moment. Peace really does fill me and make it less dreadful to face the uncertain future. Even one possibly filled with pain and illness.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment