From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
A disabled boy [from Ghana] said, "God has blessed people in your country with so much; why are so many unhappy?"
Another said, "Welcome to our country, where our God is bigger than your God....We have to trust God. We have no other hope."
They too want what they do not have, and have what they do not want. The difference is in the way they look at God. God always seems bigger to those who need Him the mos. Spiritual and physical poverty are the tools God uses to help us need Him more. Hardships press us up against Him. God seems bigger when we, in our eyes, seem poor.
I did too much. Again. I spent the last several days oblivious on the couch. Oblivious to the comings and goings of the family...murmuring goodbye or hello to family members...noting that my mother went to see my feeble Great Aunt, Mark went to electrical classes all weekend but not understanding anything told about them. In fact, the family has learned not to tell me much during flares because I do not understand. All I am aware of is fever, pain and sick.
I need to memorize some Psalms...I laid here on my bed wishing I had passages longer than a sentence to speak in my mind. So many many many passages of the Word comfort me, and if I had them memorized I could maybe think better. I prayed as I could, though I suspect my brain fog made them make little sense--thank the Lord He knows what I ask before I ask it.
We do have so much. And we have so little...we have so many material things, so many medications. Yet so many of us, like Martha and Mary, focus on the wrong thing. For instance, even with the time I had up, I spent most of it being up, and neglected my studies...I do not think I am being punished or anything for neglecting them, but how easy it is for us to be distracted! I was distracted by slowly adding walks outside, or looking at flowers in the greenhouse, or reading books...there was easily time for me to spend with God, yet I did not except in discussions a couple of times. I spent even less time with Him when I was working--possibly some time in the Word, but there was all that drive time I could have devoted to Him.
When there is nothing else, God does get bigger. God has gotten bigger for me with RA, maybe bigger than ever before. Even though He hasn't chosen to heal me, He is always there, and I need Him always there. Thankfully He is always there even when I am not always there for Him. He really is the epitome of a friend, a Father. There are few of us who will accept the on again off again type of relationship that we toss at God. We just won't accept that sort of thing from people. Thank the Lord He is the Lord and not people!
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment