Not noticing a big difference yet with Enbrel, but that is not surprising, as I have only had the one shot and have been in a huge flare for the last two weeks. I am so swollen that my shoes cannot be tied and leave marks on my feet. I went for my walk today, and nearly couldn't get my shoes off from the swelling. Right knee, which has always been the worst, was not happy about bending.
I hope to go for a second walk, but then...there is this fine line. Push the joints far enough to keep pretty mobile...push too hard and damage them. I may just try and do Range of Motion, but I can't do those with my ankles and knees without making swelling double. Even with just three slow movements.
Desperately needing to drop weight. Did pretty good at not eating too much today. Pain either makes it so you want to eat all the time or not eat at all. Since I can't exercise (much) I have to do massive calorie cutting.
When the Enbrel kicks in, I would like to add physical therapy at the pool. I can learn some stuff to use on my own, when to push it, when to not...and then do my own pool therapy. water is the best with RA...but at this point water makes me feel so sick sometimes. I think it is the vasodilation on top of all the swelling...so swelling gets worse in a way? I don't know, but it's terrible terrible sick. Awful. Like so bad you just lay on the floor of the bathroom for an hour, can't get dressed again type of sudden sick. Yick.
Anyway...ever hopeful. Tuesday is another shot day--looking forward to it. Then I will make an appointment to see the rheumy again for a follow up, talk about the swelling I have been having, since it has been making my joints purple. See if he wants to do something, is concerned, etc. I still have feeling and circulation...but it's something recommended to speak to MD about.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment