From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
Every day you and I have a chance----many chances----to nudge people closer to the Lord. To be one more stepping stone in the many it will take to bring that person to Christ.
This blog is my way of speaking of the Lord. I am only home and at doctor appointments most of the time...or if I make it to the library. I have mainly been one to exhibit God's love...because I was always afraid of speaking up due to lack of knowledge of the Word. I would maybe be more inclined to speak with the Word---after all, God is the one who pulls people to Him. But I took to heart the verse speaking of knowing what you are talking about so that you are not made a fool. I am more knowledgeable (Praise the Lord!) about God than I was a year ago, and so this will continue.
I look at the Word some days with such fascination, an obsession. Every letter screaming out to me, showing God's amazing power, love, kindness....
and then there are those days which nothing appears. The Word is still the Word...but nothing is utterly amazing...I flip from page to page, searching for that fire that held me the day before. This has always been one of the most frustrating things about Faith. Why is that hole there?! my mind demands. Where are You, God?!
You know---He's still there. I've found that sometimes if I stop searching the Word for God, and pray, asking Him to bind evil ones from me...I see Him more clearly. I do not know how those evil ones can blur vision so well...but they do. They do to those who do not believe.
Or maybe our own thoughts are blabbering away and we can't hear God's voice. I can't pray unless I write it out (very well), because I start thinking about the fact there aren't any apples in the house. How can I do that? I speak to people all the time without totally trailing off and beginning to bather on about apples. Proof of spiritual warfare, I suppose. Anything (even apples) to keep our minds and souls from reaching out to God.
Forget it. I will not abandon Him. He has stuck with me through many many many things.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
No comments:
Post a Comment