Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, April 20, 2015

Rushing Grace

J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver

We rush through the present moment to quickly reach the next one. As a result we don't pay sufficient attention to the immediate. Oswald Chambers has said: "Grace is for 'right now'. It is not a process toward some future goal, but an end in and of itself. If we would only realize this, then each moment would become rich with meaning and purpose."

One thing about RA, and out of control RA at that...I spend a lot of time in the right now. I cannot be focused on working, possible continued college, kids or anything else. I have to stay in the right now...because if I begin to focus on what could be....it always breaks my heart, because I have shown myself also what may never be. 
We do not spend time considering what God mentions to us in our day. We glaze over, not noting His creation, the wise Words spoken...we miss majorly important things in our "goal" of getting over the "finish" line first. Whatever that finish line may be. 
If I think of the future, of being a nurse again....and consider the idea of NOT being able to do it, my whole being is quite crushed. If instead I stay focused on the now, this very minute, it is more bearable. I feel vaguely like I contribute in the "now" by my studying, but I feel very useless if I focus further ahead.
That is not to say we cannot have dreams of the future. I have so many! I think it is good to dream dreams, and to strive towards them (assuming they are in God's plan for you)...but we need to remember to stay and do what is needed here and now. Worshiping God here and now, helping family here and now...much like the story of Martha and Mary. Which, at that moment, was more important? Listening to the Messiah with full attention or dusting? Listening to the Messiah was of more importance...not to say the cleaning was completely useless, it was just not the most valuable at that time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day