Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Damp Wood

Taken from J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver

Nothing dampens the fires of enthusiasm more than discouragement. When you're discourageed, the glow of excitement for the Lord dims, like embers of a dying fire. We Christians often give over to discouragement with hardly a fight. We let doubt get a toehold, and before you know it they have a foothold, and then a handhold. Then we chuck it all. Each is us faces disheartening circumstances...but no matter what happens, keep trusting, keep obeying. 
Discouragement is like a dark tunnel. The only thing that will brighten your path is ti fan the flames of your faith until it's a fire. Obedience then will light your way out the other side.

Oh, how true that can be. It's funny how even the smallest little wave in our portion of the world just destroys us. We fling away from God as though He thought the whole thing up...when really He is the best help we have. The only help. The only hope. Its like we were on the Titanic, dove into the icy water in a hurry to save ourselves....maybe managed to get onto a lifeboat....but are still waiting for the Carpathia to save us. Meanwhile we are alone in the dark. Cold. Miserable. Hopeless. What good was it to fling God away?
Not that I don't do so frequently. Something shiny blocks my view from seeing the true splendor of my King and what He can honestly do for me. I foolishly let other things invade my view...let delusions of the great deceiver hide what God could have planned for me. 
So, today, more last night...I worked a little on clinging to Him. I should have more, for I was ill tempered at life, discouraged by illness and other bad news. I went to sleep....the only thing I whispered desperately to my God was "Lord, please, spare me. Spare us." 

My RA post will share...but seems as if the RA is attacking my sister's digestive system. The whole diagnosis with RA terrified me because....RA can hit anywhere, anytime. 
My sister and I have decided that the RA comes through my father's blood....we just are the worst yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day