From J.E. Tada's More Precious Than Silver
God made it clear that following Him would mean real hardship. Life is supposed to be difficult. More than that, it has been granted to us to suffer. Granted? Like a gift or a privilege? And what does "for Him" mean? Problems are built into the Christian life for a privileged purpose. If we're to follow Jesus, we have to follow Him to Calvary. That's something God wants us to understand the moment we come to Christ. God also wants us to realize it's a privilege to follow His Son this way....I had no idea it would involve paralysis. I was surprised at the painful trial at first...[but] it's the path to deep down joy and peace.
I always thought it would be suffering like being captured for my faith. Shunned by people for following God.
I go along with Joni on this one, now. It can be whatever is hard. Maybe being shunned for wanting to be godly and not see a certain movie, or refusing to sleep with a man, or yes, being beaten for faith. Or having rheumatoid arthritis. Those hard things and choices to avoid things are hard. And they show that you want to honor God.
How can you honor God when paralyzed or chronically ill? One, making the choice to keep the faith. Illness is often what drives people closer or further from God. Either they cling harder to His holy hand, or they quite literally bite His hand. It's a choice. Are you going to walk through what lies before you, God standing right beside you, or are you going to run and hide and fight alone? Fighting these things alone just doesn't work. Whether it's imprisonment or anorexia...the only way to freedom is through God. I may never have good RA control---but I have God, which gives me freedom. Spiritual freedom. I feel more free, even on sicker days, because of my King. I have Him to dwell on and praise...without Him, pure nothingness and darkness would be my only lot in life.
I've said it before, but I imagine Christ on the cross...taking every sin...and every sickness...until His death. The worst agony ever imaginable, and then being shunned by God. That sort of misery will never be seen again. I don't know how people stood there and watched...I wonder if it was visible on Him. The sun grew dark for hours, we know that much from the Word. He also refused painkillers---they mention myrrh, which was a pain killer as well as incense. I just can't imagine facing what He faced. Just dazzles me.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment