Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Sunday, April 5, 2015

RA Post

Officially had my parents take my nursing supplies to Assured....must say that made for a hard day as well. The better part was the fact that my manager said, and I quote: "WHEN, not IF, she gets to feeling better, just walk in. We want her back." to my mother. I love that team.
They were so incredibly kind when I first suddenly got sick...and were very concerned at my status. Lol, among those who commented, "Are you ok? You look terrible."
"Yeah, no, I feel terrible." 


Further, there is so much disease activity at the moment that I cannot wear jeans because the swelling is so much on my knees I am hard pressed to find any that fit. And my shoes don't fit. So I will be going into my PCP on Monday at his walk in time and ask for steroids---since really I have no disease management beyond pain therapy. I am scared at what is happening to my knees, since they have been locking up with this new surge in swelling. I discovered that even my rib cage is swollen,  but not nearly to the extent of my knees...no respiratory issues noted, beyond mild painful breathing from my ribs.

I considered going to a walk in clinic, but I want my PCP to know what is going on. My rheumy is on vacation until the 8th, but I can't wait that long. I made the mistake of thinking I could and didn't contact my primary on Thursday. (stupid stupid stupid)....


I have created  RA Book, in which I keep a list of all medication ever taken (to the best of my knowledge, both RA and non RA related), all doctors, addresses, all insurance information, information on each appointment/what happened/discussed. Tests, up to date med lists.I have exercise and Range of Motion, but my swelling is to bad to utilize most of them without causing more damage, from all I have read at this point. I've heard that is the best way to manage RA, be right on top of every single whatever. 

What I want to know is....why there is such a range? Like some people are fine and others are like myself and my sister? Miserable and 85 in their 20s. Can you believe I use a cane, and that I want a wheelchair so I could go through wal mart with my husband on a "good" day? That I am using my Great Aunt's shower chair because I can't stand up that long most days, and without making myself horribly ill? Yeah. Some people's RA is out of control craziness, and others are fine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day