Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Witnesses

From J.E. Tada More Precious Than Silver

We behave differently when we know people are watching. We bite our tongues, hold our tempers, help meet a hand, say the encouraging word, and even pray circumspectly. Considering Heb 12:1...all those witnesses.

Hebrews 12:1New International Version (NIV)12 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us,

 Yesterday (and today) have been harder days for me. Harder to throw off the mild cloud of depression, harder to focus on God and what is truly important. Impatience to get an RA therapy that may help and sadness of giving my work supplies to my job. I have many promises, from God to even work...so I should throw off the mantle of darkness that I seem to cling to like a beloved poisonous "blankie", and instead focus on what is pure, holy, and good. Today is a blessed day, even if I feel worse later than I do now...because God gave today to me, and He is with me at this moment, ready to help throw off the mantle, if I will so much as let Him. What a blessing our Father is to us--He puts up with our fickle choices, and our clinging to sadness as if it will actually help us...all while calling softly, lovingly, that He is here and will always be here. Just have to take that step, that breath and turn away from the poisonous mantle of whatever sin I am clinging to. 

 The Lord can ask you to do something at the worst times---days when routines slump your shoulders and you're tired or resentful. God seems to be presuming for too much upon you. Today, stand in Peter's shoes [when the Lord stood as a bystander to tell a group of tired, frustrated fishermen to go back out and fish]. Shelve the humiliation and resentment and reply: "Because you say so, Lord, I'll do it." You'll discover that the Lord's request was more, much more, than reasonable....and your nets will burst. 

 It is so hard to say yes, Lord....so many little things gather our attention and kidnap us. But we allow that. And then too many times, we say no to God. My main request from God seems to be to be positive, to let go the disappointment of disease, and to strive forward in His love. Yet, as mentioned earlier, I cling to my suffering with savage passion. No! It is my right to be sick! To hurt! To be cranky and irritable!  
I imagine God saying, "No, dear one...it is not your right. It is no one's right to be cruel, however slightly, to others. Show love."

Even so, I have had to apologize to my mother for being short tempered--not ten minutes ago. How is that helpful to anyone--being short tempered? Certainly not to the person I was short with, and nor to me. So, today, I will say "Yes, Lord...Because You say so, I will show love to others, and be patient and kind....but please Lord, help me to do it. Because I do not have the strength alone."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day