Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Magic Wand

From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
Col 2:3 in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

Christ is not a magic wand that can be waved over our problem to make them disappear. Wisdom and knowledge---including knowledge how to be content---are hidden in Him, like a treasure that needs to be searched for. To search for something concealed requires work Jer 29:13 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart 
Seeking the hidden treasure of contentment in Christ doesn't come automatically. A...As we wrap our hands around a problem and in faith press on, strive and stand firm, divine energy surges through us. You make the choices; God gives you strength. He gives you the strength to hold you tongue when you feel you have cause for complaining. He imparts strength to look out for another's interest before your own. He impart the strength to choose a bright attitude when you wake in the morning. 
The problems don't go away...but you have quietness of the heart and a settled soul.

We do just think of God as some sort of magic wand. Got a cold? Poof, instant fix. Cancer is gone, people walk who shouldn't etc etc. 
Yet He does not always answer. And for those people it can be the destruction of faith. He cares so little, they say, that I can be this sick (or the spouse, child, dog even), then I won't care for Him, either. We sound like spoiled children, if you read that sentence right. 
"Mama won't give me another ice cream so she hates me." "Dad won't let me go skiing [even though I didn't do homework]--He hates me!"
We never look past our little runny noses...we just smear it across our sleeve and whine to everyone about us that we have (or no longer believe in) this God of the Universe who let us even HAVE colds.

Oh, yes, what I would give to be as healthy as I was a year ago. Or five. The girl who could tote 50 pound sacks of feed, toss 70 lb hay bales, garden all day...I don't know where she went....this body drops cups because her hands won't hold onto heavy glasses...is terrified to hold babies for fear of dropping them. Gauges how long she can walk before joints swell three times the size of "normal". 

But I have gained much. I have not studied a lot the last few days, and feel the lack, so likely once i have posted a few posts on my past studies, I will curl up and read the Word, read what others have noted. What a refreshing thing. 
The Word, for a sick person, is so wonderful. It distracts better than anything--pain and nausea both. There is indeed power in the Word. 
I feel God in more places than I have before. God is with me (us), Emmanuel. We miss that so much of the time. I have the last couple of days--God has not been on the front burner as He often has been. I feel God more in prayer than I have before, and my prayer life is changing. I always felt confused about prayer. Jesus says in the one place how we should pray, but He prayed differently...which is right? I think both are...I think God likes, make that loves, hearing our thoughts, dreams, fears. After all, He knows them already, but what parent does not love hearing those things from their child? The parent most upset by their child is the parent who has a child that does not talk to them. Ever. God is Abba, Father. I never felt like calling Him that until this stupid RA stuff. Father, yes...but not with the idea of a beloved Father. Father more in the sense of great respect, not great love. I love God, Abba Father, my King so much that there really are not words.
And imagine....He loves me and you more than that. Wow.

As said many other places, I am alone a lot. I do not blame anyone for this, I do not expect someone to sit with me 24/7. In fact, it would probably drive me nuts...don't you have something to do other than watch me? lol. I LOVE visitors, I have been so so blessed by many visitors--again and again I thank you for your kindness. 
But also as I have said so many many times....I am not alone. I forget it, sometimes, but the sight of my Bible, or the bookmark of my blog, or a post on FB will suddenly shine a light. God. I have God! Oh, how blessed am I!




No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day