Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, April 3, 2015

Big Lies, Little Lies

From More Precious Than Silver by J.E. Tada

We are usually on guard against the "foxes", the big sins in our lives, but it's the little foxes, the minor, incidental sins, that we tend to trivialize. Small sinful habits stifle small good beginnings.

RA makes me see little sins I do. I am short tempered with my family...they ask if they can get anything for me, do something, how am I doing...and I will snap their heads off. The typing of keys as I am half asleep will make me roll up and say stop it! when the person is doing nothing NOTHING wrong. 
I apologize later, but I still sinned. 
We all do it. Snap at people over trivial things. Maybe we slept too little, have a cold, or even lost a job. But we should be so careful against doing things like that. So many people are watching us...there are verses speaking of even angels watching how we act, what choices we make. Even smaller lies could be such a bad example of our faith. It will happen, I know...we are in a sinful world, and we are still sinners. But I think we should remember to ask God to help us....help us to be a good example of Him and His love. Otherwise there is no way we can do it. 
I have heard of people who became Christians because they watched a Christian not lose temper, or not drink, or not smoke...I wonder how many other things we do, without thinking, that make people not think about God. Thankfully God will touch people's lives regardless. But still....pray that He helps you change the world for His glory, to share His love with all those who are unlovable. 

Yes, it hurts to be broken. But sometimes that's part of God's plan, especially if He wants to use you to feed others. It;s a way your faithfulness can be multiplied. Out of your brokenness, the blessing can be bestowed on more people than you ever dreamed possible. God will gather up and use all the hurt; not a bit of it will be discarded or cast aside.


I love this. I feel so so so useless many days. I was a nurse...and now I am sitting on a couch, alternating between reading and art therapy, and the occasional visitor. I have a goal of taking a walk that is roughly 150 feet long and doing range of motion therapy because my swelling is too much and too damaging to do much else. 
My heart and soul have changed a lot. And continues to change. Today is a hard day for me. Hard to face that I am where I am, and what has happened to me. I copied that passage more than a month ago...and while I remember it being important, it means more to me now than it did then. To know that my hurt, my pain will help. Maybe not now, but someday.
How amazing that really is...it make take time to have whatever hurt show up and be useful for others, but that is wonderful.
Brokenness, the way it is written in the passage, makes me think of a bread loaf. If it is not broken...by knife, by ripping, by sustaining some sort of "bread pain"...it is really only good for one person. And once that one person has eaten his fill, the rest of the bread will harden up and be useless and thrown out. Discarded and cast aside. So, which would we rather be? A whole piece that mostly gets discarded? Or the type that every bit gets used for good?    

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day