Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

RA Post 4.28.15

Oh man. Been in a flare for the weekend. Bad enough that I really couldn't figure out what people were talking about. That's RA brain fog for you. I never took my temp, so I dunno, but I assume I was running my fever....seems to make me stupid. I hate it. 
At least my poor family has learned that I really do not understand them, what they are saying, wanting, etc. My poor husband has learned to not tell me much about work or things because I just won't remember. He filled me in yesterday afternoon, as I was finally clawing my way out of the wraith-pit of RA fog. 
Thankfully swelling is also down. But this means, after four days in bed, that I have to start my walking therapy all over again. I was up to three 15 min easy walks a day...and I took Zoe out this AM and feel ready to sleep for an hour. It's like getting the flu over and over and over and over...all the strength I get falls by the wayside. And...I can only push so hard or I make RA worse. 
Third Enbrel shot this AM. Love Enbrel shot day--seriously, I do. I feel like I am doing SOMETHING to maybe have some sort of control over this disease, before my joints are totally ruined. I always think of the stage 5 RA---when the tendons and ligaments are so out of shape that the joint won't hold up very well. That ought to be my knees...they are incredible sometimes. Once they were purple, so I went to my PCP and we did a steroid treatment. 

One parting thought...imagine walking on water balloons. I feel like that. It makes one feel very unsteady. Water balloons in my feet and knees and sometimes hips....good ol' swollen bursae. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day