So, today I heard back from the MA at my rheumy. I pretty much still have to take methotrexate, even though my dr thinks Enbrel would be better...because of the power of insurance god. I can write a letter of complaint to the insurance company (which I may do, just because if they had let me have what my dr prescribed I may have been able to be at work now, not still in the same place I was) and/or take the MTX (methotrexate).
I wouldn't think MTX was cheaper, because I have to do blood work every two months to make sure it isn't destroying my liver and kidneys. While Enbrel is an every six months check.
But no worries...MTX makes people sick quite often, and since I already feel like up chucking most days, we will likely fail this along with plaquenil and sulfazine---not to say that those meds don't help people....but they have not helped me so far, and did not work with my sister.
Anyway, the MA will call back tomorrow...she even contacted the MD on his vacation day to confer with what options were left to us. So likely starting MTX in the next day or so.
Main problem with MTX is that I would not have kids. It is an abortive medication. It is a cancer medication. I am just taking less than cancer patients would.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment