Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, June 19, 2015

The Question. The Answer

From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver

When I was first injured and facing the rest of my life in a wheelchair, the "why" question was the first thing that popped into my head every morning. Looking back, I'm not sure I would have understood, let alone been satisfied, had God given me answers. Straight answers to larger than life questions don't increase faith. The only way to increase faith, according to Rom 10.17, is through the Word of God. In essence, God tells us to walk by faith, not by sight. Having faith in God is where we find rest; we don't find it in locating the answers we couldn't bear to hear, even if they were given to us. 

Jesus is everything to you---the answer to your every hope, prayer and promise.

"Why" question days still hit me. I have been pretty much disabled for 10 months now. When I was first ill, I kept expecting it to go away, like the flu. Then I expected to get somewhat better. Or more stable. Or something. 
There are many "whys" in this world. Many that we never will get answers to, or won't for many years down the road. I had found good use of my life experiences previous to RA...RA has me more stumped. I like things to have a purpose, a reason. We all do. 
I continue in the same path I was in...and while I have swings of mild depression, I am still happy that I have had the time (not so much lately due to RA flares) to study God, His glorious soothing Word, and what others have found Him saying. That is really the number one drug, ointment, remedy for RA. For any problem. 
We get so wrapped up in our problems, and we look in (often) all the wrong places for answers. While I believe it is helpful to meet with therapists etc., I think they need to be of the faith. And we need to remember to delve deeply into His Word, as there lies the answer....He is so kind, even in letting us face hardships, and blesses us so fully. We need only look, actually look.

Writing this blog is often a turning point in my day...I am determined to make it uplifting for you, my reader...but in doing so, I am forced to look at my illness in terms of blessings---
I am blessed to have a husband who is kind and understanding
I am blessed to have parents willing to help me when I need it.
I am blessed to have one sister with RA to talk illness to
I am blessed to have one sister without RA who is supportive of me
I am blessed to have nieces and nephews--some old enough to understand and be compassionate of my illness.
The Lord has been truly good to me, in spite of, or including, my RA.

I challenge you, then...if today is a bad day...write a note, and make it uplifting. I dare you to feel bad afterwards emotionally. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day