Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, June 4, 2015

All Night

From J.E Tada's More Precious than Silver

His soul was so overwhelmed with sorrow, so that for the only time in His life, Jesus asked for something for Himself. "Be with me...stay beside me...stay awake with me please, would you?" He wanted human comfort...eleven men, some accustomed to working all night on their fishing boats, could not stay awake to lend moral support to the Son of Man. 

Really, what a horrible, terrible night that must have been. I shudder to imagine it.To be alone on the night you know at any moment you will be betrayed by a friend, to be sent, eventually, to a horrendous death on a cross....made worse yet by the refusal of myrrh (a painkiller) and the absolute worst.....being left alone without the Father. 
 But now, He is lifted up, risen, and He...the Wonderful Counselor, Savior and Lord is always there for you and I. And unlike His time on the cross, because of our guarantee, our mark, the Holy Spirit, we know we shall never be left without Him being right with us on into eternity.
 I spend more hours awake at night. It is a strange phenomenon with RA sufferers...I like to jokingly blame that since we are on the dark side of the planet, there is more gravitational pull, creating more pain.
I love to know that my Lord and Savior is there with me. I can pray and He will be there both before and after I pray, before and after I fall asleep (hopefully), He will still be there. He will not leave me during the watches of the night, to be alone during the night. Praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day