Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Sunday, June 14, 2015

I have said "yes!" to you

From Nancy Gurthrie's Abundant Life

All of God's promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding "Yes!" And through Christ, our "Amen" ascends to God for His glory." 2 Cor 1.20
Hear me saying "Yes!" to you throughout your day. By giving Jesus to you, I am living up to every promise I have made to my people throughout the ages. Into eternity you will be blessed by my abundant fulfillment of my promises to you. I've promised you Jesus, who is your joy. I've promised you joy, and Jesus is your joy. I've promised you a life that is meaningful and worthwhile, and it is Jesus living through you that makes your life meaningful and worthwhile. Whenever you might be tempted today to think that I am withholding anything good from you, remember that I have given you my very best in giving you Jesus. In Him, you have everything you truly need, and more than you even know to ask for. 

Tonight I was sitting with that feeling creeping up on me. Dissatisfaction. Jealousy. Even nervous tension. I spend most days working on Bible studies, drawing/coloring, pinterest/email and sleep. I do housework when I can. I walk when I can. I go to the library and a local thrift shop when I can. And...I go to the doctor. 
I miss my job as a nurse. I miss finding ways to take care of people, finding good therapies, whether in medicine or the amount of blankets placed under a sore arm. I miss helping sick people get well or at least feel better. 
I do the same for myself as I can. But...it is like doing math. You don't always see the mistakes close up. 
Reading the above helped remind me what is really important. All I need is God. God places us where we need to be at each time in our lives. Sometimes those times are painful times, times of growth; others are surprisingly easy. Wherever we are at, God is right there, leading us. 
So do not feel dissatisfied, jealous or whatever emotion. You are where you belong at this time. And enveloped in the fullness of the Lord's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day