From Tough Minded Faith for Tender Hearted People---Robert H Schuller
It's terribly important to understand that a believer is a normal person. A persistently negative and cynical attitude is a mark of emotional illness. Faith is the native air to be breathed in and out of human beings. Faith faces the fear and turns the negative into a positive. Doubt runs from faith and is ovewhelmed.
I was somewhat fortunate with my diagnosis. RA can come with blood markers. RA can come without blood markers. Seronegative patients have a harder time being diagnosed than those with the markers. I am seronegative.
But I have an advantage that my sister did not. I had a sister who was now diagnosed with seronegative RA. While my sister had to spend ages getting somewhere with her symptoms, I was already somewhere.
I did not taste the fear of diagnosis as strongly as I could. But for that matter...I knew what was wrong with me anyway from my nursing texts and speaking with my sister.
I tasted and taste fear more when I have been sick for days. Not getting up but to use the restroom. I fear those days, and I fear getting sicker.
Regardless, God's soothing presence is there. He is everywhere at all times. It's more like we have to make the effort to simply plug ourselves in. It does not matter that I am sick, for it is only my body that is ill. I have a glorious new body waiting, and at that wonderful time I will be with you all in Paradise!
Ever notice how you go through life and you say to yourself "I can handle this" about one more thing on your plate---another child's school activity, another duty at work, needing to make one more stop when running errands than usual. Sure. Maybe you can. But we keep saying that. Someone gets sick, or the job gets lost, or you have to quit for some reason. A new baby that is wanted, but unexpected. Stress adds up, but we just keep going along saying we can take it. We don't ask for help from anyone, often least of all God.
I pretty much was at that state the weeks before my RA hit. We have to rely on God and use His strength. Quite frankly, I think it is the not using of the Lord's strength that kills people. We listen to and read articles on managing stress, sleeping better, time management---and I think it is good to read those. But, the best and most fulfilling answer is NOT to read those, but to settle the night with the Word, or the very least a devotional. I have been known to fall asleep with them in my hands. So I know you are tired in the world, but I am so exhausted at times I have seriously nearly fallen asleep eating.
Also, especially if you cannot sleep and the reading did not help, my favorite is to "Be still, and know that I am God." If you honestly sit quietly and focus just on God...your mind will shut up it's long lists of do this, do that, and you will be at peace. I bet you sleep then.
Blessing and peace to you.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment