Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A New Take

From J.E. Tada's A Step Further

Brook Schroder walked into my office last week, an eleven year old girl with soft blonde hair, a smattering of freckles, pixielike eyes and a full mouth that easily broke into a grin. She was joined by her mother and pastor. They thought it would be good for her to meet another person who is facing tough limitations. Brooke has juvenile arthritis. I would never have guessed except her mother pointing out Brooke's fused ankle. After that I noticed how Brooke kept squeezing her hands and rubbing her knuckles. I also noticed her stiff gait. She was in a lot of pain. I asked if Brooke could spend some time alone in my art studio. We sat and talked about her friends at school, her hobbies, and her interest in art. Our discussion turned to Spiritual things. I asked her what her favorite Bible verse was, thinking it might be the typical Jn. 3:16 or Rm 8:28 that most kids would choose. I was not prepared for the answer. Brooke quoted Jn 3.10-11 (which when I now look at does not make sense,)
This eleven year old girl with the ready eyes explained: "I could do a lot of complaining about my arthritis, but I've learned that's not right. I want to trust God." Brooke's eyes held mine, revealing a wisdom far beyond her years. Her gaze burned right through me. I squirmed and privately confessed grumbling about a backache earlier in the day.

No further statements other than my own personal verse has been m favorite since before 1st grade:
But as for you, be strong and do not give up, for your work will be rewarded. 2 Chron 15.7


Sometimes it seems like that verse has been burned into my very being, because I have had to "be strong" an awful lot. We all  have to at different times. And I really have to be strong with the ups and downs of RA and fibromyalgia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day