Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Into Rememberance

From J.E. Tada's More Precious that Silver

Mal 3.16
16 Then those who feared the Lord talked with each other, and the Lord listened and heard. A scroll of remembrance was written in his presence concerning those who feared the Lord and honored his name.
17 “On the day when I act,” says the Lord Almighty, “they will be my treasured possession. I will spare them, just as a father has compassion and spares his son who serves him.


[Think about that!] the Lord has a book of remembrance in which the names of all who mediate Him, who think about His name, are written down. He calls these people His jewels  
 Oh, that's what I want to be: a jewel that shines in His sight. 

Facing my disabling disease has been the hardest thing I have done to date...although I sometimes now, with it getting better, relate it to similar difficult things.
But, the purpose of any hardship is really only for a couple of things, that I have found (in life and in the Bible). 
I have learned much more about God, and now have a softer, more content soul in some instances---that sort of thing is a life long learning process to be able to keep that. I have learned how very close God is to us in times of trouble if we just listen to His whispers...because if we do, and open His Word...that whisper can become the most amazing shouting. Verses that always meant one thing now mean another too! God is so amazing in how the Word can do that! I have read a lot of books....no other book has a paragraph that suddenly has more meanings--or rarely does. 
God has provided me with such peace. Especially the sooner I do any Bible reading, good solid Christian authors...just thinking about God Himself, without reading anything! has added to my peace. I certainly have days I cry...but I often cry out to God too...demanding the "Why" question on a bad day...and He expects us to. Honestly, with a broken world, He must....He went searching for Adam and Eve in the Garden, wanting to know what was wrong---although there is no doubt that the Creator of the Universe knew where two people were. And He communicated with them....getting all the comments...although no questions were asked as I recall by the people...Why questions do not get answers most of the time. But! It is good to ask, because you can go further in a conversation with God during prayer, and sometimes get to the real problem that actually had no issue with the original why problem. 
They were, of course, removed from the Garden due to the fact that they chose death, and there was nothing set up to cover the sins of man, although God began animal sacrifice to cover the taint of their sins....which has tainted us every since. 
But even so! Consider that He has a list of us! I had read on something Jerry Bridges wrote, that saying God has a list is really a benefit to us---naturally the great Lord of all does not need a memory reminder! This idea of a list is to show how much more meaning we have to God, that He says He (who has a perfect memory of everything ever) has a list. Just of those who worship and meditate. Incredible. 
Horrible things happen...but they are so shaping to us. Like using the sharp tools a potter uses to create the designs he wishes, or the chisels used on marble to create great works of art.
It seems to me that God considers us His great work on art....and so long as we persevere, hanging onto Him in prayer, song,meditation and love....we slowly become the best of the best work of arts, since, after all, we are all different. 
Praise be to our God, may He bless us and look kindly down upon us....Amen and Amen.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day