Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, June 22, 2015

Not Unlike Horses

From J.E Tada's More Precious than Silver

An unbridled, untrained horse lacks the restraints that guide and direct. The bit, martingale, tie-downs, spur and crop appear at first to the horse as irritants and hardships. How hard it would be for an animal, without the aid of his master and his crop, to train himself up in the way he should go...the horse would be useless in the ring, without hope of ever winning honors for his master. Godliness involves training...without it no honor can be given to our Master. We are never more ourselves, never more spiritually free than when our will is bent to God's will. 

There are days that I cry. I cry because I cannot be a nurse. I cry because I cannot often clean house, or do laundry or many other things I want to do because my body purely gives out. I fall asleep sitting up in chairs, even after just getting up. My body is exhausted in it's plight to kill every joint. 
But like many hard things in life, I believe there can be some good. I believe, while I see no reason for my illness now, that I will see a reason. There was always good use of the knowledge and push-through-anything attitude that I learned having anxiety and depression so many years. 
God sometimes asks a lot of us, or what we feel that is a lot. But it may not really be so bad. So long as we rely on our Master, He will give us the signals and reassurance to face what we need to face. There is the great verse that says He will not put more on us than we can stand...and I like the fact that I have read and now also think...that God is in on that "we". After all, what can we not stand up under anything with the eternal, glorious Creator right beside us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day