From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
But I have to be honest: although I love my work, I need rest. In fact, it is rest that invigorates me for work. They are separate and distinct, yet they complement each other. In heaven work and rest won't be separate. We will experience both at the same time. We will have so much to do. To explore, create, rule, discover, manage, possess and delight in. For all this, we shall be utterly at rest.
As a child I worked outside. There were animals to feed and care for morning and night. There was a garden to water, plant, culture and cure. It really was pure delight for me, the time under the sun, going to the house after and relaxing with a cold drink and a book. Even at my most tired, I still was barely tired. I imagine then, that it would be similar to paradise...although similar in the idea of a pin being the size of a piano.
The bone-tired exhaustion I now contend with is nothing like the tired I had from good working. Or even the tiredness I complained of through college. It started, I think, with the case of mono I got the last year of high school. I never had any strength back from that.
However, lacking in energy, while extraordinarily annoying in the nth degree...does give one the chance to see God working. It is He that gives the strength and energy in excess that I sometimes get, and the ability to fend off depression. While this is certainly not how I pictured life, there is a use of it. To have the chance to spend time (although not as much lately) in the Word and in sound books is rewarding, comforting, soothing, nearly mothering, empathizing and every calming word you can imagine.
The worst of days are those that we often, somehow, want to ignore the Word. We find the idea slight off-putting---yet that is a shield of the evil ones. If you push those feeling aside, let the Word fall upon your lap and let those Word of God enter your mind, soul and body by reading them....and I find reading them with the idea of underlining or re-writing the verses on paper deepens them by lengthening the time the words stay in your mind....you will begin to feel His love, even at the worst times. Somehow, the love will even seem to grow, and make even the hardest of things easier. Because now, you are not facing the hard things alone. He is with you in full, because you asked Him to join the fight with you.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment