From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
Maybe like Mephibosheth [Jonathan's disabled son] we might cry out to God, "What is your servant, that you should notice a dead dog like me? (2 Sam 9.8). We should know the answer. It lies in the story of love and friendship. God the Father invites us to His table to commune with Him, because He sees in our countenance the remembrance of His dearly beloved Son. There is something about us, those of us who are hid with Christ, that shows a trace of Jesus. Little wonder that God delights to have us to His table.
Often when bad things happen, or even just a really bad day...we either scream out to God, demanding why all these things happened to us...to the other extreme of wondering why more bad things haven't happened. I've heard people say all across the spectrum...whether it was a simple flat tire, a bad head cold or the weather killed the power.
Personally, I cry out more than I scream out. Cry out asking why I am sick, why I have to face this...and generally, though I still have to face RA, I have more peace, more comfort, than I did. People may argue that it is from crying, but I don't think you get that depth of peace from just crying...especially about a chronic illness, one that has stopped me, personally, from doing a great list of things I had planned to do.
So, cry out to God. I don't recommend screaming at Him, but...I suppose if you need to. But cry out and tell your Father what is wrong. How your day was bad. He really does care, even about the little things. He cares for sparrows and flowers...and He died for you...
In one of my other readings this was said....{Paraphrasing}The Father is before you beckoning you onward, the Son is beside you walking, and the Holy Spirit is within, guiding your thoughts, giving you strength and peace.
Never doubt God. He is way more amazing than we can ever even consider...lately, in the world, He has gotten pretty "Hollywooded" and "tamed"....
Another quote, C.S. Lewis..."He's not a tame Lion."
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
No comments:
Post a Comment