From J.E. Tada's More Precious that Silver
God brought to mind the story of Elijah. The prophet had become depressed just one day after he performed spectacular miracles. Elijah had announced the end of a drought...the record shows the Angel of the Lord touched Elijah and even agreed "the journey is too much for you." (1 King 19.7) Elijah rested and had something to eat and drink.
The Lord gives us gentle reminders of His intimate concern over every detail of our lives.
There are so many days where we do things. Maybe not miracles...
But we have a family dinner. Everyone was happy, everything went fairly smoothly. Or you even just went shopping, and bought some things you really wanted. Clothes, fishing gear...whatever. Graduated from High School, graduated from college. Got a new job, retired, the list goes on forever.
And we are so tired. The clothes we bought somehow aren't as wonderful as we thought. The exhaustion from the family dinner sinks in as we look at all the dishes to wash. Graduation was great...until we either realize there is more school to do, or we have to find a job and don't know where to start. We got a new job, but a fellow employee hates us to the point of complaining to the boss. We retired and feel like life is over and sit in silence.
God is there...He is willing to offer peace, comfort, love. Sometimes this comes to us through a good friend, but I think the best way is through prayer and actually telling God what is wrong. He knows, but any therapist will tell you to get whatever is troubling you off of your chest. Tell Him you are scared now, what with trying to find a job, and everything being so expensive. Tell Him about your retirement and how useless you feel.
There are many things I have become certain of with RA/fibro. God is always there.
I spent (and still spend) many days on that couch/bed of mine. I do not expect someone to sit with me all day while I stare at the wall because I do not feel good. In fact, I don't generally want company...even though I hate being alone.
I can, however, pray to God. Sometimes it comes out "I can't". Or "You know what I would say", because I am too sick and too fibro-fogged in the brain to do more than that. I may have tears streaming down my face, or even being sobbing---but I cannot put words to what I want or need. I don't even know.
God knows what we need. It is said that "God sometimes answers what you should have prayed for, not what you prayed for." He knows what is best.
When I cry out to God, He sends peace. I feel enveloped in peace, as if there are the great arms of the Lord are encircling the couch to keep everything at bay. The Lord is a great Father. And while bad things do and will happen in this broken, dying world...He loves us to the point of dying for us. Of course He is going to provide us with rest...we just need to take that rest and peace. We have to accept what we often shun because of worry. Leave the worry, accept the Lord's peace...and you will have His strength to face your troubles, as He is walking right along with you. Praise the Lord!!
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment