Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fighting Bouts

From J.E. Tada's More Precious Than Silver

1 Corinthians 10:1313 No temptation[a] has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted[b] beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted,[c] he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

My bouts with pressure sores and lung problems haven't exempted me from 1 Cor 10:13. If the Lord allows crushing hardships to pile on top of all the other baggage that goes with being disabled, I can't whine. It never can be said of me, "she has good reason to let off steam every now and then." Whenever I entertain stubborn, stiff necked thoughts of resentment, I've noticed I go not forward, but backwards. 

 I have not lost it in a while. But there are days I hurt so much and feel so sick that I bite people's heads off. I work on always going and apologizing, for it is no one's fault that I hurt or feel bad. 
There are so many times when we complain about something---everything from the weather to clothes to cars to government. The world is filled with complaint. I doubt we go one day without seeing or hearing complaints.
Yet what have we to truly complain about? Most of us live in decent homes, with food, and generally speaking not a whole lot of danger of being killed. We have been blessed with that, and the option to get medical treatments.
When I was a nurse, I always held the idea that the patient is sick. I pretty much allowed a patient to say anything, so long as they were not degrading me without cause. I had patients who said terrible things to me, not about what I was doing, but in complaint of illness. And because I did allow patients to say anything....most apologized later in the day if they had been cranky.
We usually allow those who are sick to say whatever, because they are sick or hurt...but I decided, with my readings in Joni's books especially, that there was no call for my taking things out on others. My RA may be as permanent as paralysis. So I will be kind if at all possible.
 

but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day