Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thoughts

From my readings of "A Lifetime of Wisdom" by Joni Eareckson Tada.

"It's worse at night. It always is."
why is everything worse at night? Pain is worse, colds are worse, fear is worse. Even if every light in the house is on, as if you were fooling yourself into thinking it was daytime. But yes, everything is always worse at night. 
Yet God is there through the watches of the night--as it says throughout the Psalms. Jesus prayed through the night as well. Obviously God is always there. So we should not be afraid. Maybe it is that fear that makes us feel worse. 

Struggles are many in this life. I have had many difficult things. I am sure anyone reading this has as well. Times of being alone, or sick, or afraid. Times of great sadness, confusion...so many emotions. "God has placed me, not misplaced me--He knows where I am and how to care for me". 
This is a hard thing to take, although very comforting at the same. That God knows where I am and how to care for me. The hard part is that I am allowed to be here, dealing with this chronic disease. However, God is good. 
There was a time in my life in which I had no one. Whether I caused that, or it just happened, I do not know. It does not matter...it lead me to be the person I am now, and after all these years, I am grateful for the difficulties I had. 
Now, in this difficulty, God knew what I needed while I wait (impatiently sometimes) to see how stable I get....He has given me a chance to have many dear friends, closer to sisters, who are often contacting me. God does indeed give us an "escape" from our troubles. I used to think that meant there was a way of avoiding suffering. In some instances, perhaps...but I think there are also ways in which we are able to escape the pain of whatever struggle we face. 
I have been given a dear sister who has been sick alone for decades with RA. She is my likely strongest supporter, giving me the best tips on the disease. My parents, my oldest sister.. I have my "sister" friends who I adore, and my "parents".

We may feel fenced in by diseases or struggles...but we are not trapped. Fences may seem like they have no opening...but as Joni says, one can always look up. And we get the best hope from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day