Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, February 20, 2015

Change

From A Step Further, J.E. Tada

Don't fall into the trap of comparing your situation to others. 
---I consider the verses in which Jesus talks to Peter about not worrying about John's life; that is, if Jesus allows John to live until His return, what is it to Peter? Our lives are very unique, even with the more difficult things...we cannot look at other people in whatever suffering or trial they may be in, we should not judge. 
I found it difficult before I got sick to understand my sister's walk with RA. I have decided that one, the disease is different for everyone, for some it is more difficult, for some less...two, I think that there may be more than one type of Rheumatoid Arthritis, but that the medical community has not found and separated these. My own little theory. 
I regret how I thought Rheumatoid Arthritis was, based on my readings. I also regret how many diseases appeared to me. 
My patients nearly always found me compassionate, which I appreciate---but now I have such a deeper appreciation for health. 
I have been reading books about cancer survivors (Reconstructing Natalie being the only one I have), and I feel for the character more than I did before. The devastation of being suddenly not who you thought you were. It is certainly life changing. 

Contentment is not found in circumstances. Contentment is found in a Person, the Lord Jesus. If I am to have grace and peace--true contentment--in my life at all, it will be because it flowed into my soul from the God and Father who loves me. The grace of God is abundant, boundless, inexhaustible, available and free. A mighty underground river, rushing clear and fresh, but not cheap. We must seek it.
Did that mean I got back the use of my arms or hands? No. But drawing on His Grace, I did learn contentment.
Contentment is something that wavers in and out for me. Because my disease varies daily, hourly, it is hard to become "used" to and settle with the illness. However, I do have the blessing of still moving under my own power, something Joni did not have. I am still working on asking constantly for the grace, power and strength of the Father to be able to function contently. When I do remember to ask, God has given freely and kindly to fulfill my sense of peace, grace and contentment. I am a sinner, and forget to lean heavily on the One unfailing therapy I have. We are such fools to forget we have a Loving Father who is more than willing to shower us with the energy to handle whatever has been given us by the prince of the world, and thus create good from evil. 

When Christ gives us strength to tackle a painful situation, gaining contentment doesn't mean losing discomfort or sorrow.
I think of Jesus in the Garden the night before the betrayal...and how He cried out to the Father to have the cup removed, as I have cried night after night. The Christ's cup could not be removed, and while the author does not describe it, I feel certain that the Father gave His Son the strength to continue onward...
I continue to hope for healing, or lessening of my disease so that I can have a more active life...often I catch myself saying "a fuller life". Really, though, when I focus on and praise God, there is no further fulfillment of life. That is what we are for, to have a deep relationship with out Lord. But I still long for that "fuller life" of driving a car, cleaning house, visiting friends whenever I want to. 

By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me--a prayer to the God of my Life. Ps 42:8

For this God is our God forever and ever He will be our guide even to the end. Ps 48:14
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day