There are terrible things in man. There are some depths in human nature into which it is scarcely safe to look.---James Stalker, "The Trial and Death of Jesus Christ"
Do you ever examine yourself...and find that you have some really horrible qualities?
I am finding that I have a shorter and shorter temper. Talk too long, or repeat yourself, or say the wrong thing and I may just explode. I can feel myself practically beginning to boil----and then that boil stays just at the simmer stage, so that one wrong word or speech, one tapping finger, can turn up the flame under me.
It is a ridiculous, embarrassing thing. I hate it....and find often I have to leave so as not to lash out at people for no good reason.
Thank the Lord I can ask forgiveness, I have a High Priest at all times to intercede...as obviously my edgy temper is only one fault!
Reading the Old Testament is a great way to see the High Priest in action. While I don't really think Jesus throws Himself on the ground before God, the fact that the priests in the past did shows how important asking for pardon was.
Moses, who saw God face to face, even had to wear a veil as the radiance of his face was worrisome to the Israelites, fell before God many times. Aaron, the High Priest, often fell before God at the same time; both asking, pleading for forgiveness for the people's folly. Joshua and Caleb tore their robes, a sign of great distress during one such time---i believe the time that the People then walked the desert for 40 years.
Considering how this appears....makes me wonder with shame how MY High Priest, the King of Kings, feels when, yet again, I show the depths of the sin of man. I cannot comprehend that, nor that of the Lord Himself.
While we must strive, with the help of our good Shepherd, to do what He wishes....I am so thankful tonight that He will be my High Priest.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment