Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

One Small Sin

As I look back over my short life, I see the aspects that are RA tainted. The years I couldn't run faster than a wounded cow, feeling horribly nauseated for months for no apparent reason, constant jitters, the bright angry flush which may or may not be lupus (what difference, we treat the same way), my poor sleeping and my over sleeping. Exhaustion, anger, irritation. 
Every aspect, particle and section of my life is poisoned with disease. A good comparison for sin. My RA effects many people, in varying amounts. Sin is similar. 
When sin acts in our lives, when we make that "small" choice to sin, it affects us. We expect that. We don't always remember that our being a little god will effect others as well. 
Think of pornography. If I (ick) decide to watch pornographic films quietly, alone, I am only hurting me. No. I am hurting myself, yes, but also my husband while being lustful, my family for being untruthful, my friends for lying, my church for continuing to sin....and worst of all God. This is not even adding in the fact that I am supporting the company that makes the films, encouraging them to continue. (Now, just to restate it, ick!! I do not follow pornographic things at all. ) Sin is sin. Every single time we choose sin, no matter how small, no matter how private, it effects those around us...eventually spreading to the world as association continues; our doing sin encourages those about us to think it is ok for them to act the same way.
Ebola, as I recall, came from one small region in the Congo. It made it to Europe in about two years.....by sex. So the "small act" of sex between unmarried people has lead to another major disease. (Yes, mosquitoes are another vector)
. Everything we do does impact the world about us, every small action. 
How much more does our glorification and honoring God, the King of kings, impact those about us, and the world? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day