Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, March 14, 2016

Daydreaming

My paralysis prevents me from reaching for common temptations. That's why my spiritual battlefield is on the field of my thoughts.
---Joni Eareckson Tada, Diamonds in the Dust

Joni speaks in nearly all the books written by her I have read of day dreaming. Day dreaming of what was. 

This one enters my mind on the worst of days. Dreaming of when I had "more" in my life. The days of not counting how many daily activities I have done---how long, how often I walk Zoe the dog in a day, how many laundry loads I pick up---to know how likely I am to be out flat the next day. 
It may not seem like much of a thought process...but it increases the anger of being ill. I do not tend.to be angry at God...instead I will lash out at everyone else. 

Pre-RA, my thoughts drifted more to the normal.daydreamer's thoughts. And while daydreaming in and of itself is not necessarily bad, we must consider the content. 

We are charged with taking every thought captive. It is proven that.the more a person thinks in a certain tract, the easier and easier it is for the brain to go through that same pattern of thinking. 

Therefore, if you or I spend our time in not so healthy thoughts, it will be that much easier to return to them. Ever notice how hard it is to STOP a thought pattern? 
We must consider our thoughts...what we think about eventually leads up to what we do. There is little problem if our thoughts are godly, honorable thoughts. More power to the person of this way of thinking!

If we are plagued by sinful thoughts----envious, backstabbing, lustful, angry, bitter, and others---there is lone theme I adore in the Bible. 
Numerous passages in the Psalms speak of the Word as healing to the mind and soul. I have found that, during hard times, or the nights i cannot sleep from worry, reading the Word will ease me into sleep. This seems like a silly, disrespectful way of putting the Word. A sleep aid?!
Consider instead that that is how quickly His great Word works on our troubled minds!! Fifteen minutes of absorbing His Words works better than any sleep aid! And faster, with lasting results! 

As we continue to read and absorb and think about Him, the less those "tedious" things of life matter. Praise Him, the less the harder things of life matter! 

Our having the Word at our fingertips, in whatever version, is such a blessing! A blessing we never even consider---we just expect that, if we wanted to, we could read it. What a deadly day it will be if (and when) Bibles are banned.. we have right in our grasp the tiniest of portions of God, something to heal our minds and souls, to be trained in depth when we delve deeply by the Spirit. 
Take advantage of the free healthcare of God. Regardless of whether physical healing happens now, or happens later....we get a wonderful, powerful, incredibly overwhelming peek at His love, His peace and strength. Those poisonous, hurtful, upsetting thoughts are not of God...take charge.of every thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day