...I am sure they will understand me when I say, come and do this in remembrance of Christ----in remembrance of all his loving visitations [to you], of His sweet wooing words, of His winning smiles upon you, of all He has said and communicated to your souls.
Complete Vol 1, Charles Spurgeon
What astounding words Spurgeon penned in considering remembering Christ---with and without the act of Communion. That we should be so disgustingly forgetful of Christ in most of our daily lives is, indeed, revolting.
Consider at the moment the times when Christ was with you when you "most" needed it (incredible as it may seem, that most needed time is a constant, but that constant is often lost in our little world). Those times stand out as blinding points on a map of our lives.
Think on those moments when in the Word, in prayer or in discussion of Him that a flash of understanding came upon you---suddenly you understood something that before you had not; a new comfort has come over you as you realize you needn't worry or fear, or perhaps a sudden flash of how strong His love really, truly is for you.
Consider the conduct He had toward the children in the Word, how delighted He was that they were there about Him. I imagine, as the Word says we are to come to Him as little children, the smiles of delight He must have when we, His creation, realize our need to worship and come before Him. The chance to gather us up, under His wings, and shower us with His great love.
I recall now the many times He has visited me, helped me through life-trials that would have left me utterly destroyed; perhaps to the death. I can see so many times, some small, some great, of His assistance in my life.
In my anorexia-bulimia, I see Him helping me with each and every mouth full those months of fighting. In my anxiety (or pain then?) I see Him yoked with me, making light my heavy---oh so heavy---load. Now, in this hardest trial yet of chronic pain and just sick , I see Him surrounding me with His love, joy, strength and peace....I see His eyes water as mine cry out in misery, feeling my pain as strongly as I do. I see Him reaching out to hold me in His strong arms, and to wipe the tears that stream down my face when the pain, the nausea, the idea of facing this life-long illness, overwhelms me. I see Him in His great glory and honor and majesty---as indescribable as what John saw in Revelation...
How loving He is, considering how often we "forget" He is here and with us. We are so fortunate that we can "remember" Him, call to Him in the night, in the morning, in the noon, in the afternoon and evening-----and HE will indeed HEAR us. If we are at the most alone moment in our lives, we can realize that we are not alone, He is there, waiting to be yoked to us, to lighten the load. We were never meant to bear these loads...which is why the Creator of all will help us bear them, lightening them to the point we can stand them.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment