Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Mornings Such as These

His interest in His creatures arises from His sovereign good pleasure, not from any need those creatures can supply nor from any completeness they can bring to Him who is complete in Himself. ---A.W. Tower, The Knowledge of the Holy

One of my great pleasures, particularly on healthy days of now, and of old, is to stand in places I consider to be of especial beauty. One such place is the place I call Terebithia, from the book and movie. I spent many hours there as a teenager. Being who I was and am, I was surrounded by my dog and my herd of goats. I can still see it all: the water trickling down into the slightly brackish pond from various underground springs. The irritating buzz of deerflies, waiting to find someone to bite. The munching of my dear goats, clearing brush away. My faithful dog standing just in front of me, gazing off into the distance. The overwhelming variances in shades of green, grey and browns from the trees to the earth to the pond. My writing shows the beauty I see, but the place is not actually that spectacular...
Yet to stand in those places, I see God. I feel His presence, the wonders of His hands. I can close my eyes and feel the caress of the wind. In those moments, I see a vivid look at possible Paradise. 
He indeed does not need us. But He takes pleasure in us. Humanly, I imagine we cannot describe the Creator, since we are the creation, as Tozer points out...but I imagine His pleasure in us is magnified greatly at the indescribable joy I felt and have felt on mornings such as I described. Being about and surrounded by creation is a beautiful, wonderful experience; just having the ability to stand and watch the world is pleasing. 
If His experience of watching the world is anything more than what i have on those joyous occasions, there really are no words to describe it. 

It then sadden me to consider the extent to which the world saddens Him, when we sin. Astronomically infinite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day