I was very ill the other day when my husband and I went to visit his mom. I love his mom...so I was trying very hard to go anyway. Changed my pain patch five hours early in hopes of making a difference in the yuckiness I felt. Sadly, once we got there, I felt like I would throw up my shoes. the house, which sat at a solid 73 degree F was too hot for my system...I escaped to the car, reclining in the seat, door flung open to the misty rain and gently breeze. A cooling breeze is a blessing for me. During this time I had a few moments where I felt well enough to peruse the copy of Our Daily Bread that sits in cars for my father to read.
Then I found out about Nezahualcoyot. He was a Mexican ruler in the 15th century, before the Spanish hit the area. What is so astounding to me is...he apparently knew God.
Depending on the sources you read, he found that the idols about him were made of stone and had nothing in them. There had to be a real God our there, a God with no name. It was this God he worshiped, and built a pyramid for as well.
"He practiced his faith in a peaceful way; In lieu of human sacrifice, he
offered incense and fasted. He built a temple and prohibited human
sacrifice in his city after he had fasted and prayed for the victory
Texcoco had over Chalca" (Wikipedia)
Some sources say that he allowed human sacrifice to continue for the other "gods" as people wished.
I always love the stories of God showing Himself to people when no person told them. All about His showing Himself.
The heavens praise your wonders, Lord, your faithfulness too, in the assembly of the holy ones.
The whole earth is filled with awe at your wonders; where morning dawns, where evening fades, you call forth songs of joy.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment