I am focusing on this moment, that my pain is less, I am mildly comfortable.
But it is so hard to go from yesterday, sitting in the sun almost like a normal human being, laughing on a cell phone....to this shriveled crying wraith on a couch who weighs the cost of pain by the cost of needing to go to bathroom before moving.
One thing has begun to jump out at me from the Bible. Over and over and over again.
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.
But Jesus came and touched them. “Get up,” he said. “Don’t be afraid.”
Jesus had compassion on them and touched their eyes. Immediately they received their sight and followed him.
Jesus was indignant. He reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!”
When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak,
At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, “Who touched my clothes?”
After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue.
Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” And immediately the leprosy left him.
“Who touched me?” Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”
You know what jumps out of these passages? And screams at me so loudly it almost hurts? Jesus touched these people. He touched them. My Lord touched these blessed people...and I want that more than I even want healing. To run into my King's arms and cry "Father!" and mourn briefly of my woes. Oh, to have His dear, sweet, pierced hand but brush the merest particle of my person...for that matter, He wouldn't even have to touch me...even a look, an actual physical look would be deafening to my soul. To hear Him say to me, "Well done, my good and faithful servant" would blast away the worst, most hellish day on earth for me.
So as I cry just a little while longer tonight...for the pain, sickness and frustration...I imagine my scene above. And you know what? If anything, it makes me cry harder. But not from the pain.....but from feeling the absolute love of my God.
No comments:
Post a Comment