Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Saturday, March 14, 2015

RA report

I had plans to go to a friend's house...only a few miles. And even drive! But the old nausea started getting the better of me. It still is sitting there. Yuck. I have stiff joints--the proper term for stiff joints after already being up and then sitting again is "gelled". The things you learn, right? 
I get so frustrated with this. I want so much to be free enough to do housework, or go to people's homes. But maybe someday. I at least am up most days now, instead of completely bed bound.
Likely have to resign on the 23rd unless the company will accept another med leave. I have no more Enbrel shots, because the insurance denied them---dr office arguing. 

I got a book from John Hopkins University on RA, learned a lot. I will write down some of the content that struck me over the next few days. 
One was that some people with RA have one episode that then goes away and they never have another one. Some people have flares, but remain roughly the same on discomfort. Some flare and get worse each flare....and some never flare, but just get worse. 
Sort of explains why I see some people and they have no issues, and I have met others who are in wheelchairs. 
Another is that an inflammatory protein, cytokine, is stored in fat, so that is why it is super important for RA patients to drop weight. Which is nearly impossible, because exercise is very limited if the joints are massively inflamed. Range of motion and stretching is it. Woot. Or lots of nausea. That works....but is not fun. 
Thanks to all who have written and visited, love it always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day