Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Waiting Time

I actually saw Rheumatoid Arthritis written up in my paperwork from the rheumatologist the other day--so I guess he has made the diagnosis. We've never really discussed it, but then I have always called it RA in the office setting. 
I was in a flare, and still am--didn't eat for a couple of days (which since I have gained weight back is ok by me...), and now I am super tired and achy and nauseated. 
I was thinking that with this comes a great amount of waiting, and how slowly I accept everything now. Everything is slower, with more wait...and not necessarily a bad thing. My time with God seems longer, and that I "wait" longer while I am in my work--either in my Journey book, researching what others have found in this sort of suffering. I never thought about it until now, but yes, that is my "work"...I spend a lot of my time reading Joni's books, reading other people's stories...combining with my own, reading God's Word. Researching diseases--but especially RA type things.
So life has become a time of waiting. And for the most part, I find I do not really mind---when I feel the worst, I object. It is not pleasant. But otherwise, waiting has become a peaceful thing. I wait to sleep, I wait for answers to prayers, I wait for medication to work, I wait to possibly go do something else...but I used to be much more impatient about things. Everything had to happen right now, or else maybe it could be made to happen right now. Such a common human affliction. We all think we should get everything right now. 
RA is never a right now. The earliest meds take months. It teaches you to wait. And to wait patiently is taught by God. There are days I am still so riddled with irritation to be more mobile, but more often there are days I just wait quietly. I use complaints on here often as examples, but rarely are they in a complaining tone...Thank the Lord, my symptoms have been such that I have not felt the need to complain to my family. It is what it is, does what it does, and I do what I do, and God is always the same. I wait. Sometimes, I don't know what I am waiting for, but I wait patiently, expectantly. Maybe I am just waiting for God. 

but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day