From A Place of Healing by J.E. Tada
I simply can't approach the day with a ho-hum attitude thinking I only need so much of God's power to make it through. Don't allow the enemy of your soul to convince you that your tasks today are ho-hum and ordinary, nothing special, nothing extraordinary. Keep your batteries charged and you can't help but have a powerful influence on others.
I face the day often with a "blank" sort of feeling. What can I accomplish? Often, not much of worth, in my opinion. I can often not even get out of bed much longer than the trip to the restroom and back, because it is just too much for my inflamed joints. How is that meaningful? At least when I was working, I was doing something for others, I was doing something that had a purpose.
We tell ourselves this about everything, really. I hear young mothers say similar things, people in college, people with "dead end" jobs...but it is such a lie we get told and then continue to tell ourselves day in and day out. The most important thing in the world is God. Honoring God. So...I hope I can honor God from my sickbed...I attempt to pray, spend time being "still and remembering God", etc., because the only way I see that my sickbed can be of use is using it to worship God. There is then in my eyes some purpose to being in pain and sometimes unable to attend to the things I want to...I am worshiping God, and trying to make His Word and the knowledge He has given others become engraved deeply into my heart, mind and soul.
Keep a humble heart
It can be so hard to be humble hearted as we face our day. I fear that even I lose my humbleness, because I get to feeling pleased with myself that I DO have the time to spend so much time in fellowship with God...if that makes sense. Being joyful over having extra time with God is good...being proud to have that time I do not think is...because it changes the focus on studying the Word, or what others have learned and makes me out the "glory" on myself. There is something I have been watching out for, because being prideful of the study time I may have on hand makes me sick...especially when there are many many times that I am not actually studying anything; how dare I be pleased with myself for studying His Word and Him when I am not even doing so! People are so inherently wicked, and so easily led astray by anything and everything.
Maintain a childlike wonder about life. The less we make of ourselves, the greater God seems.
I often spent early mornings or late afternoon/evening marveling at the world. Those times are the favorites for me. That and night time with a glorious view of the stars. Seeing, hearing, feeling and smelling what God has made just knocks my socks off. Incredible. Science has become something that is similar, all though often, because I cannot "see" what study or process I am reading about, it is not the same awe that I get with being outside and seeing those times and things. There are so many amazing things in the world...and we spend so much time on our computers, or doing other things...we really do need to remember to take the time to just "be still", know God, see what He has created and marvel at everything around us. A few minutes of doing that has often changed my whole day. I think that is why I fell in love with photography. I have to be looking around the world...and marveling at it before I can find something to make a beautiful "shadow" picture of the real thing. No photograph ever, EVER does justice to the real thing. It is such a shadow of what I really saw. Even how I feel about what God has done for me is often a shadow in description. We just don't have real enough words for God and what He has done.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment