Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, March 2, 2015

people

There are amazing godly people out there. I sure appreciate the reaching out I have received with my ra. It is nice to know I am not forgotten.  
Makes me feel safer in a way. A fear of those with ra is that if they can't work, or are very ill...is being alone and having no support system. While I certainly do now, it was terrifying at first to consider the chances. Another example of not relying on God to provide for me. 
So many of the people in my support group have no one. Absolutely no one. Then, there are lots of people in that situation. 

Even if I were to end up with "no one"...I still have God. I would not be super pleased about no one, but I couldn't live without God. 
To me, there would be no purpose. If I have God, then every day can have meaning. I have a purpose to worship God, commune with Him. But without Him, what is life worth?

I never had the experience of not believing in God. Not exactly. A major crisis in faith once, which was horrible enough. So I often ask those who were saved later in life what it was like to be without faith. It sounds empty. The furure was sort of not thought about. Like, you certainly did not think about death and what followed....
If, and I hope not, I had to spend the next sixty years of my life in the same or worsening health pattern...how could you survive knowing or thinking there was nothing? No kingdom to enter? I cannot imagine the misery then. I would guess a higher desperation than even I have had to get the disease under control. 

But I know my real purpose, everyone's real purpose, is just to be close to God, to get to know Him better. I'm working on that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day