What does God want me to do? We ask that constantly when stuck in a position where, in my experience, we probably know what is right, but want to do something different. However, there are also times where honestly we do not know what to do and are desperate for an answer. We comb the Bible, we comb pious books, we ask our friends, neighbors, families, and pastors.
From all I have read thus far in my studies...God allows whatever it is that has happened in our lives so that we are the exact person we are at this very exact moment in this exact place.
I have no idea what I am supposed to do with rheumatoid arthritis. I cannot work safely as a nurse, because one, I fall asleep randomly, but two, and most importantly...I may miss something because of how horrible I feel. I am not supposed to be a nurse at this time---as I physically cannot.
So what are we to do? What does God want us to do?
Things happen. Sometimes terrible, horrible things. We get diseases from the generations of sin and the sin around us---whatever poisons we do decide to use around the world. So things happen...and I cannot say, again, why God allows them to happen.
All we need to do is be with God. Think of the Garden. We weren't supposed to do anything at that point (as I recall) but look after the garden and be with God. Now we are in a foreign, horribly place filled with wickedness...and while there are many things we have to pick to do, all we have to do to be right with God is be with God. When we are with God, we will make the right choices because we will have His Spirit and that will direct the choices we have. It is difficult (not impossible) to make sinful choices when the Father is breathing down our necks. However, one can make that choice that makes one's spirit cringe out of sinfulness...and then lose connection with God.
All we have to do is be with God. God will, if we remain willing, help us to stay upright. He does not promise a way out of trials---as Jesus Himself faced a time of trials.
At one point in the future we will be relieved of this place and these trials. We will be in a place of absolute perfection and be with God constantly. That will make everything we endured here, everything we faced, worth while.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment