I am a rabid dentist hater. Mainly because I find the choking sensation of having twenty million items and fingers in my mouth at once. I mean, come on...who has room for all those things in their mouths, anyway?!
I have been making and canceling appointments with my dentist, who is new for me but I really love, for the last ten months. January, when my 6 month appointment was due, was when I was the most ill. Car rides really made me so nauseated that the idea of riding in a car and then having the 20 million items in my mouth seemed like a terrible idea.
Today I made it. Today I made it into town for the second day in a row...something I have not managed in 14 months. And I even managed to go to stores both days (albeit with much limping and cane/cart leaning). I suspect I shall enter a flare this evening---hope to the good Lord that He will prevent it.
I had the unique experience of entering my dental office and reviewing last year's information. Cross out job, write "currently unable to work". Verify positive for rheumatoid arthritis. Then, when looking at the small slot of three lines for medication, ask receptionist if there is another piece of paper that I can write more medications.
The receptionist looked rather shocked, but supplied me with a piece of copier paper. (Naturally I forgot my rheumatoid arthritis notebook which is updated whenever a med is changed/discontinued). I proceeded to fill out medications.
My RDH was wonderful. She told me to ask for any break needed, kept telling me to close my mouth a little more, and provided a WONDERFUL pillow for my neck. She was super great (and my dentist) about discussing care options for the dry mouth that comes with RA.
They gave me great tips and education on caring for my teeth, and best of all, I went away without any cavities. I was very worried about how I would manage that long of a visit.
I thanked the hygienist profusely for great care and service---knowing as a nurse how nice that is to hear.
Mom and I went to K Mart to get shoes I had ordered for an upcoming wedding. Naturally I need the next size up. The poor girl at the checkout stand thought it needed to be scanned---which had me confused as I had paid when I ordered. So, between two cashiers, myself, and another customer, we concluded that yes, I had already paid for it. Life is sometimes very strange.
Managed to find a great Christmas present, which concludes shopping for one more family member. (I am managing to get done much earlier than ever before...but that is what happens when you wake up in the middle of the night and go Christmas shopping on Amazon) I found some super comfy and cool jammies, which makes me glad for when I have fevered, sweating flare days. Found a GORGEOUS red shirt.
Normally I do not buy anything...but I so rarely go anyplace that I was buying a few fun things.
Yesterday I found a super adorable little stuffed owl, so I added that to my owl collection.
Now I better rest quietly. Bible study or art therapy or a good long nap. Still ecstatic about no cavities. And managing to go to town. Thank you Lord!!
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment