Diamonds in the Sky. J.E. Tada
Is 43.18-21
...oh, how you wish the blessings could go on and on. And now, this year, you want God to do an encore. God, however, may not give it. For although it's true the Lord will never do exactly the same thing a second time, He will do something better. A new thing. He is not satisfied with the updated and revised.
Every time I have had a battle, a growth, in my lifetime...when it is conquered with the help and grace of my Lord, I always have this (stupid) wish that that was the last time. The last time I fought to be faithful, the last time I had to fight fear of that particular sort, the last time I changed.
Now then, the first two of these would probably be great---if faithfulness was no longer distanced from us by our incredible ease at being distracted it would indeed be a positive. Fear being gone would be good as well...that would likely state a good, sturdy relationship with God, as fear does not come from Him.
However. The last hope and wish when we (or at least I) escape a battle is really a poor one. If I was to have stayed the same as I was at the end of the first battle I ever fought alongside God I would have a great many horrible things still deeply engraved on my being. It would be similar to how we notice as a child ages that they begin to miss certain milestones with some diseases. My growth with God would be stale.
The one constant in all of my struggles over the years, throughout the anorexia, anxiety, etc., was that I could always call upon God. There may be a slight delay, depending upon how far from God I was at the moment, how fully I meant the cry for help...but He would always answer and come. He would take me into His arms, provide me with some earthly helpers to physically lean against, and give my spirit rest with His Holy One.
Each battle has left different scars, has shaped me into a vastly different person. One battle worked a lot on anger, another on fear. This one works a lot on patience, learning to do things with a different limitation, being supportive of others with this disease, and still fighting fear---just a different version. And the shaping and molding continues...
God never leaves us alone in our battles. We are only alone if when He offers His grace and love we slam the door by saying we can do it ourselves...the sin that has reigned down since the first two left the Garden. We have to remember to be humble enough to take His gift...because we will take it one way or another. Our battles will get worse as evil presences drag us further from God, creating a near living Hell...and we will have no one to offer strength. I am not saying terrible battles will not happen with a closeness of God, but they are remarkably "easier".
So reach out to God, cry to Him. He loves us each more than I can ever find words to write.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment