Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Is 43.11-12 comments

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “that I am God.
Isaiah 43:11-12 NIV

There we are. Written out in glorious Holy Words that He is our Savior...and we are not capable of such a thing.

Yet we continue to dedicate each day to ourselves and our dreams. We will go and do this, we will go and say this, we will go and achieve this. We do not often wake in the morning, bouncing up in prayers that today, this day, we dedicate to our Lord--that we will do what He sets before us as He might wish us to.

In chronic illness that steals away time, and wherein there is little outside-the-home activity...I do not personally wake up in prayer dedicating my day and what happens to me to my King. However, I know that in my small way, in this home, especially when my body allows, I can help with cooking and cleaning and making my family comfortable...and that and my studies are what I believe God would have me do in honor of Him.

Here are Words that say He has done much for us...and we so often give Him the time of day we would give an odd old auntie that we cared about but found distracting from our wants and wishes.
Oh, those wants and wishes are among the gods of today. I see around me the desire for always the newest and best of everything...not waiting or being satisfied with what we have been provided. How often do we recall to thank God for what we do have---a car, a home, food, the chances for medical care, cell phones, etc? They, like the health I had and took for granted, are great gifts...and while most of us would naturally manage without cell phones, there are other things that would deeply crush our spirit and faith. Dreaming for my health, my nursing career and family are the gods for me in this day. There have been many other gods over time, which with God's help I have left behind; the disturbing beings likely picking someone else to attempt to break someone else. 

We, with our faith, appear to be that we are to be His witnesses...both in that He saves and loves and is the only God who is. By this end, we should dedicate ourselves to Him in greater depth...in all things consider what the Word says regarding it. The reports I have heard the most from non-believers and deeply hurt Christians who no longer trust others is the hypocrisy we have...we say one thing and do another. 
We must continue to develop our faith and relationship with our Lord through study of His Word and the true desire of leaning on Him for strength. With this deepening relationship, as Oswald Chambers has said, we become aware of sins that before were oblivious to us...allowing us to stop such actions. Upon learning of our sins, and the extent to which they poison every aspect of our lives, we can work with our Lord to remove them. We are His ambassadors, and we must, with His Holy Grace,  show His love, His leadership and His holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day