Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, October 29, 2015

RA Post: A Month of Flare and The Grace of God

Sorry for the many delays in posting. I have been quite ill the last few days. Naturally our internet is being iffy here on the Ridge...so I am writing with my kindle, not as convenient as a laptop. 
God has been good to me, reminding me of verses as I lay spread eagle. How He never leaves us, is always there. 
What God would have for our world is not this, you remember. This world and its troubles are not how we were meant to live. That is very comforting to me...knowing that the pains and disadvantages we face are not His real original plan for us. He allows the evil ones to sift us, and I cannot imagine how infuriating it is to the evil ones when we insist on our faith in our Father. We deserve to be sifted in many cases, for if not we would become arrogant, proud, horrible creatures. There are many cases of hardship that are so wicked it astounds me. The cases when we see no reason for it. We cry to God then, asking why, why, why.

Oswald Chambers, in Baffled to Fight Better, states that God does not blame people for bemoaning these hard times. His is a perfect place, a place we will see. Short of our needing to live out our lives here, to have the time to choose Him, and thusly affect others to hopefully accept His divine forgiveness, we would be with Him. We created this pathway by our choosing to be gods in the Garden, the moment of birth, and that many of us, by refusing His love, still pick that path....a path of never-ending misery and torment. 
Imagine for a moment the horror of knowing you would never feel the comfort of the Spirit. In the worst moment you have yet faced...that He was not there. That is Hell. That is the pathway we pick when we decide to ignore God's love...the pathway of godlihood.
God is with me. I feel His love about me. I hate with a fierce passion being sickly; I was not one to have to give up until I had to. I am learning to have patience, gentleness in a way, peace in the midst of difficulty. God has blessed me in many ways...but as a previous post described, blessing is often God being in the center of one's life. I fear I could be more deeply devoted than I have been...but that devotion is created by effort, by focusing on His love, grace, holiness, joy, and so many other indescribably wonderful things. Let us not dawdle with that focus and intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day