Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Size of Action

From J.E. Tada's More Precious Than Silver

The Society {polio victims in Ghana} is just a couple of cinder block huts...no running water. But you should have seen the boys' smiles when we gave three wheelchairs. They stopped in the middle of their work at the sewing machines to sing and clap for us with that wonderful African harmony [such a small gift for so many!] But then I remembered the words of an African pastor I met earlier that day: "No gift given to the Lord is ever too small. No action is unimportant, no effort to tiny."

The last sentence was so so powerful to me when I read it nearly two months ago...I was struggling so mightily with the idea of being bed ridden since September. How could I be worth anything??
Yet the small praise and worship I give out to God is worthwhile! It means something to Him! The days I can manage a load of laundry, or sweep the floor---that effort is worthwhile to God. The days that I can't, that I lay in bed too nauseated to do anything...those days are ok too. Because I can pray (although I may forget to)...I can pray for myself, I can pray for my support groups and my support people. I can pray for the world. And that means something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day