Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Friday, May 1, 2015

Interest in Others

From J.E. Tada's More Precious Than Silver

Phil 2:20 
20 I have no one else like him, who will show genuine concern for your welfare.
 The Scripture reminds us that taking a genuine interest in the welfare of others---taking part in their activities, contributing to their efforts, cheering them on from the sidelines---will place you in a league like no other. In what ways do you encourage others? How do you strive to use all the gifts God has given you? And how do you stop complaining?

I have been so blessed by so many people. Many people have called, visited, sent cards, flowers...and I could never ever thank those people enough. I never realized how encouraging those sorts of things can be when you are ill---and dealing with the idea of chronic illness and the possibility of not finding a stabilizing therapy makes those thoughtful gifts and encouragement thousands of times stronger to me. So thank you again.
Being here, ill....makes it difficult to use the gifts I was given. I was a good nurse, empathetic and such, as I have been told. But I am home, alone, most of the day. My outreach to others is in words, either here or on social media support groups, helping those who are ill with RA and struggling stand up again. It really is amazing how much a "hang in there" or "gentle hugs" or a heart emoticon posted as a comment on a person's Facebook post really helps. You wouldn't think that it would help pain and nausea, but it does. It helps to know you are not alone. 
So that is where I help now. And if God wills it, I will go back to nursing and help again where I once did. If He will I stay where I am, I will do so, although I will miss my nursing. 

I try not to complain. Even when I speak of illness, I try to think of it in terms to fact rather than annoyance. But there are days I complain. Generally in my own mind---but how is that helpful? The negative thoughts are not beneficial to my disease process; creating muscle tension is not going to ease my pain...
The best way to not complain is to pray and be thanking God for specific blessings...the list gets longer, and longer, and longer as you struggle to not forget a blessing. Each blessing on that list makes your complaint seem more and more insignificant. Reading the Word helps me to not complain....or even complaining to God Himself helps me to not complain to others around me. After all, He is there with me, and understands how I feel better than probably anyone...He will listen with love, and point out blessings and then I will forget the reason for my complaint. How good He is, letting us vent and then making us feel more blessed, even in the midst of a darkest hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day