From J.E. Tada's More Precious than Silver
Psalm 97.2 Clouds of thick darkness surround Him, righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne
1 Tim 6.16 who alone is immortal and lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has ever seen or can see. To Him be honor and might forever. Amen.
Notice a problem? Well, not really. More of a paradox. On one hand, God is pictured as being cloaked in thick darkness; on the other, He lives in unapproachable light. So which is it? It's both. And there's a reason.
"Left to ourselves we tend immediately to reduce God to manageable terms. We want to get Him where we can understand Him or explain Him in naturalistic terms. We want to get Him where we can use Him, or at least know where He is when we need Him. We want a God we can in some measure control. We need a feeling of security that comes from knowing what God is like." (A.W. Tozer).
Our minds are helpless before the great, incomprehensible God. And although we yearn to know what can't be known and to touch and taste the unapproachable, we can reach for the Lord Jesus.
How often I have probably done this, although I cannot think of a specific example. I know I have heard other people try and put God into a box. This is what He does when this happens. He will do this because I did that. He really just does not work that way.
People love to tell those with chronic illnesses that if they really had faith, they would be healed from the illness. And if they aren't healed and seem to have an appropriate amount of faith (whatever amount deemed necessary by the observer) then there must be some unconfessed sin.
My sister once said to me...."God sometimes says, "No,"...and has a reason for saying "No". I likely do not know, and may never know why I need to have Rheumatoid Arthritis. I never understood why I had to battle more or less bulimia, depression and severe anxiety and PTSD. But I did. I found it very useful over the years, and still find what I learned very useful. But I certainly didn't think it was useful at the time.
What might I learn from RA...I consider this often, daily even. I have a massive increase of sympathy for pain sufferers. I understand the frustrations of battling insurance to get a medication your doctor has chosen as the best therapy. I understand a new fear, a fear my older patients had....being alone in old age, dying slowly alone. I understand people who cannot have children, because at this rate I cannot have children. And all of those things are devastating.
God is in control, though. He has a purpose for this, even if I never know what that purpose is. I will continue to praise Him until my last breath.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment