Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Saturday, May 2, 2015

RA Post: How??

I never know when it will hit. Or where. Sometimes I get a warning and can kinda do something about it...but mostly no.

What am I talking about? The terrible terrible nausea I get.

This morning, for instance. I was just finishing up a faith based RA blog post...and suddenly was so sick that I posted and ran for it. I managed to not throw up, but was so terribly sick. I took BOTH of my antinauseas, which I hardly ever do...and lay down stiff as a board, hoping if I did throw up I did so after sitting up and not all over my shirt. I really have not ever thrown up because of RA, but the sickness I get from the pain is the worst nausea I have ever had. Worse than the two stomach flues I had in nursing school.
Heck, I thought I was hungry and was trying to eat when those flues made me throw up. Didn't really feel ill at all.

This is what stops me. That nausea that just has me melting onto the floor. If I sit wrong, or my jeans are too tight on my knees, or something is too tight on my hands, wrist, elbow, feet. I've had SHOES make me sick. I would go anywhere with the pain. Do anything with the pain. Work with the pain. Read, write whatever with the pain. It is easier to ignore. I can't do anything with the nausea, not even reading.

And it's the pain causing the nausea.

Oh...make that Enbrel work, please. I want to be able to go somewhere with my husband. See people. Go to the library with ease. Please work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day