Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Thursday, May 21, 2015

RA Post: Gotta love it

So. Prednisone. We love it, we hate it. It takes down swelling and inflammation. You know what else it does? It turns everything you eat into fat. So add in some sedentary lifestyle and boom: 50 pounds overweight...when you already wanted to drop twenty. So I am at 70 pounds more than I want. But I am getting some more med therapy which will help.
My fibromyalgia  {What is Fibromyalgia?} was "confirmed" as much as you can get it confirmed...so we are going to try gabapentin. http://www.drugs.com/gabapentin.html. I am hoping that with my RA treatment, the FIB therapy will be the kicker to get me further in the world than a little laundry on a "good" day. Man....I envy the CNAs out there at the moment. Working hard.

But I digress.

After leaving the Dr this morning, my ever faithful chauffeur (my mother) was quite ill with a migraine. And we needed gas for the car. So we stopped at a gas station, and I went in to get her a Pepsi, myself a diet Pepsi, and because a sugar rush helps a migraine, a small packet of donuts. As I waddled my fat way up to the cashier, I had to think what a picture I made...my still moon-face from the steroids (Moon Face?). Some overweight woman is buying two 24 oz sodas and donuts. "She OBVIOUSLY doesn't need those." thought the super thin girl at the counter. Oh well.

I laughed all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day