Top Verses

Col 1:15-19
15
The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him

Rheumatoid Awareness

Rheumatoid Awareness

Monday, May 18, 2015

Abandoned

From J.E. Tada's More Precious Than Silver

Does it mystify you tat one day you can be on top of the world, in love with the Lord, soaring in His Spirit, having faith to see into eternity, and the next day go splat? It happens to you and it happens to me. And it happened to the Lord's three best friends, Peter,  James and John.Mark, Chapter 9....they got an up-close-and-personal, snow-blinded look at the dazzling glory of the Lord as He revealed Himself in a way He never had before. They dropped to their knees, jaws agape, dumbstruck with wonder.
Now, you would think an experience like that would carry the disciples for years to come. But a short time later in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus revealed another part of Himself. He showed them how distressed and troubled He was. You know what happened next. Peter, James and John yawned, then fell asleep.All that spiritual go got up and went.

We would do it too. There are very few people who, when you are distressed, will stay up the entire night for you. Look to Facebook, and the amount of people who state their husband/wife, sister/brother, best friend or whoever wasn't there at the hardest time of life. 
I have been blessed---I could ask my husband to stay up with me, and he will. Since we are right in my parents' home for the time being, I can ask them to stay up with me, and I know they would. I rarely ask either to do so, because I want them to get the rest they need. The knowledge of knowing they would be there is enough.
How devastating it must have been, even though He knows the heart of man, that His closest disciples could not stay awake with the Lord. I imagine we would all likely do the same, for whatever reason. 
One of the things I stress so many times on my blog posts is how God is always with me, through the long watches of the night. My sleeping schedule is so strange from the pain and the weather changes. I most often spend time with God and do my "work" in the middle of the night, for His presence in His Word soothe my worried mind and help me sleep. "The law of the Lord is renewing to the mind"---this is so very true. 
That is another reason I rarely ask for anyone to keep me company through the night. My King is here. He will listen to me rage over being sick, hurting, not being able to do what everyone else is doing. He will wipe the tears from my soul over these things, and give me His strength to face another day.
We are so lucky that He remains as that still, quiet voice. Even when we have fallen asleep on the job. He will whisper at us until we remember to pay attention. Ever notice how people whispering brings so much more attention to them than if they just talk normally? I think His whispering is almost like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RA Awareness Day

RA Awareness Day