I
find now, after nearly two years of RA, dropping the wretched
Prednisone weight (boy, feed that stuff to anorexics. They'll eat the
curtains with the "starving" feeling of Pred!) slowly day by day..that
good days with RA are a blessing and a curse, as Monk said in his TV
series.
Good
days are something ever RA sufferer dreams about, mourns after with
many tears if a cold is caught or some other illness that stops therapy,
assuring a halt in likely "good" days.
Good
days are also something that, as the Disease rears its ugly, mutilated
head and drips poison over and takes hold of our bodies, we cry
desperately as good days slip from our fingers. Those good, golden,
marvelous, wonderful days can slip from our grasp in mere minutes---and
there is nothing we can do about it.
Medicine
fools you. I studied RA. I studied many diseases; especially diabetes
and heart diseases. In those diseases there is often a good, solid
treatment plan. Diet, exercise, medication coverage. A person lives a
fairly "normal" life. Admittedly, there are those called "brittle" in
the diabetic world. Those patients have very little, if any, control
over their disease.
I
suspected for the last five-six years that I had RA. I went to my
provider, we did testing. Sero-negative, as I am now. No markers
shouting to the world I have a crippling disease. Well, aspirin worked
on the pain; the pain was mild and generally not noticeable. Stressful
days at work started to bring it out more...blood tests again. No luck.
Maybe if I could have started therapy then.
Regardless,
RA medicine talk in the textbooks are misleading. Take this. Do that.
Patient will be under control with proper disease education. Ha! Lies.
There are too many variables, too many times the patient has to stop
medication therapy: insurance will not cover (I figure if the doctor
ordered it, the patient should get it), cold/infection, weird blood
results, etc.,etc.
Good
days are a curse and a blessing. A blessing to live life, to feel what
life once was. A curse because lurking behind you crouches a Disease
just waiting to smother you once more.
Top Verses
Col 1:15-19
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him
Rheumatoid Awareness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RA Awareness Day
No comments:
Post a Comment